Total Pageviews

Thursday 2 March 2017

World Book Day 2017

In honour of World Book Day (something that is celebrated on the 23rd of April in the rest of the world) I have decided to list five book recommendations:
  1. Social Democratic America by Lane Kenworthy. An incredibly detailed look at the social democratic policies that should be introduced in the United States and how they've impacted other countries. 
  2. First Men in the Moon by HG Wells. I found an old copy of this a few years ago and it quickly became one of my favourite books.
  3. War of the Worlds by HG Wells (can you tell i'm a fan of HG Wells yet?) How can I not include a book that has a the royal navy fighting aliens in my backyard?
  4. The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum. I picked up this in an old book store in Cyprus and immediately fell in love with the series. If you've watched the films I highly recommend that you pick up the books!
  5. Operation Mincemeat - Ben McIntyre. I actually purchased this for my father last year but since i'm a massive history buff I've read it since then. I won't give away any spoilers but it is quite fascinating to see how all the pieces fell together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment